Sri Lanka/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Sri Lanka, or pages that link to Sri Lanka or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Sri Lanka. Needs checking by a human.
- Association of Southeast Asian Nations : Association of South-East Asian Nations; treaty group formed in 1967, originally comprising Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand; Brunei was admitted as a member in 1984, Vietnam in 1995, Burma and Laos in 1997, Cambodia in 1999; Australia is a "dialogue partner".
- Bangladesh : Country in southern Asia, bordering the Bay of Bengal, between Burma and India.
- Biodiversity hotspot : A species-rich ecosystem in danger of destruction by human activities.
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- Buddhism in the United States :
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Colombo (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Colombo, Sri Lanka : Capital of Sri Lanka.
- Commonwealth English : A blanket term for the English that developed during the British Empire separately from the United States of America.
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Dominion : Term applied to the first members of the British Commonwealth to become independent.
- Dorsal scales : Longitudinal series of plates that encircle the body, but do not include the ventral scales on snakes.
- Dravidistan : A proposed sovereign state for all non-Brahmin speakers of Dravidian languages in South Asia.
- Echis carinatus : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found in parts of the Middle East, Central Asia, and especially the Indian subcontinent.
- Echis : Quick-tempered viper genus of Africa, the Middle East, India and Sri Lanka that produce hemotoxic venom.
- First-class cricket : Class of cricket matches of three or more days scheduled duration, between two sides of eleven players and officially adjudged first-class by virtue of the standard of the competing teams.
- Flag of Sri Lanka : Add brief definition or description
- Hinduism : A diffuse set of cultural and religious practices that originated on the Indian subcontinent.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- Insurgency : A wide range of political and military actions intended to change a government, through means considered illegal by that government.
- Laos, History : Add brief definition or description
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Nongovernmental organization : A term used in much of the world to describe third sector organizations in terms of their location outside of formal government.
- Origins and architecture of the Taj Mahal : The history and design of the 17th century mausoleum complex.
- Piracy : Violence against, or detention of, by private individuals, against aircraft or ships under national registry
- Portuguese language : An Iberian Romance language, of the Indo-European family.
- Regional Cooperation Agreement on Anti-Piracy : Starting operations in 2006, a regional anti-piracy agreement for the Strait of Malacca, involving all the members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations, as well as Bangladesh, China, Japan, South Korea, India and Sri Lanka
- Religion : Belief in, and systems of, worshipful dedication to a superhuman power or belief in the ultimate nature of existence.
- Snakebite : Wound resulting from penetration of the flesh by the fangs or teeth of a snake.
- South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Sri Jayawardenapura-Kotte : Add brief definition or description
- Sri Lanka, history : The history of Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon.
- Strait of Malacca : One of the world's busiest waterways, passing Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines and Thailand, where piracy has been a major problem
- Transnational spillover from insurgency : Add brief definition or description
- Tree : A large, perennial, woody plant.