Hertz (unit)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hertz (unit), or pages that link to Hertz (unit) or to this page or whose text .
- Unit (measurement) : A basic quantity, multiples or parts of which are used to express other measured quantities.
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- Electromagnetism : Phenomena and theories regarding electricity and magnetism.
- Electromagnetic radiation : a collection of electromagnetic waves, usually of different wavelengths.
- Electromagnetic spectrum : The range of electromagnetic waves covering all frequencies and wavelengths.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Frequency : For a periodic (i.e., repeating) phenomena, the number of repetitions per unit of time, usually one second; measured in Hertz
- Acoustic energy : Energy propagated as pressure waves, through elastic media such as air or water. Hearing is the detection of acoustic energy within the frequency range of the animal detecting the energy
- Bandwidth (computers) : The maximum amount of data that can moved through a connection.
- Bandwidth : In engineering, the length between two cut-off frequencies, as measured in hertz.
- Frequency modulation : Technique for imposing information onto a electromagnetic signal of constant frequency -- the "carrier wave".
- Light : The part of the electromagnetic spectrum visible to a species' biological eye.
- Pitch (music) : Perceived frequency of a sound or musical tone.
- Planck's constant : The constant of proportionality relating the energy of a photon to the frequency of that photon, named sfter Max Karl Ernst Ludwig Planck.
- Second : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Second (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Speed of light : A physical constant c describing the speed of electromagnetic radiation in vacuum. In the International System of Units the metre is the distance light travels in classical vacuum in 1/c seconds, using the defined value c = c0 ≡ 299 792 458 m/s (exact).
- Wavelength : For a repeating phenomenon such as a radio signal with a given frequency, the wavelength is the length, in meters, of a single repetition