From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Mumbai. Needs checking by a human.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Badminton : An indoor game in which players on opposite sides of a net hit a shuttlecock with wire-strung rackets.
- Biodiversity : The study of the range of life forms in a given ecosystem.
- Bollywood : The Indian film industry, based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
- Bomb : Explosive device that typically rely on the exothermic chemical reaction of an explosive material to produce an extremely sudden and violent release of energy.
- British Empire : The worldwide domain controlled by Britain from its origins about 1600
- Burma : Country in Southeast Asia, officially called Myanmar.
- Ebrahim Baronets : Four baronets with this title: (21st October 1840 - 26 September 1924) Sir Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 1st baronet, (11 September 1867 - 26 September 1924) Sir Mahomedbhoy Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 2nd baronet, (13 April 1903 - 4 March 1952) Sir Huseinlali Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 3rd baronet, and (b. 24 June 1935) Sir Mahomed Currimbhoy Ebrahim, 4th baronet.
- Film : A visual medium involving the recording and display of images in motion over time, generally by photographic means.
- Frequency modulation : Technique for imposing information onto a electromagnetic signal of constant frequency -- the "carrier wave".
- Inch : A non-SI unit of length, equal to 2.54 centimeters, and equivalent to 1/12th of a foot.
- India : Republic in South Asia; the world's largest democracy. Borders Bangladesh, Bhutan, Burma, China, Nepal, Pakistan
- International Phonetic Alphabet : System of phonetic notation based on the Latin alphabet, devised by the International Phonetic Association as a standardized representation of the sounds of spoken language.
- Led Zeppelin : Famous and influential English hard rock and blues group formed in 1968, known for their albums Led Zeppelin IV and Physical Graffiti, and songs 'Stairway to Heaven' and 'Whole Lotta Love'.
- Maharashtra : Add brief definition or description
- Mumbai Metro One : Add brief definition or description
- Mumbai Metro : Mass Rapid Transit System (MRTS) envisaged to ease the burden on the older commuter rail network existing in Mumbai, India.
- Ptolemy : (2nd century AD) Egyptian astronomer and geographer whose main work, the Almagest, a compendium of contemporary astronomical knowledge, was in use into the 15th century.
- Sathya Sai Baba : Controversial South Indian guru, religious leader, and orator, often described as a "godman" and miracle worker.
- Sheriar Mundegar Irani : Add brief definition or description
- UNESCO : Specialized agency of the UN, created in 1946, to aid peace by promoting international cooperation in education, science, and culture.
- Vacuum distillation : The laboratory or industrial-scale distillation of liquids performed at a pressure lower than atmospheric pressure.
- Zoroastrianism : The religion and philosophy based on the teachings ascribed to the prophet Zoroaster (Zarathustra, Zartosht).