From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Fundamentalism, or pages that link to Fundamentalism or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Fundamentalism. Needs checking by a human.
- Baha'i Faith : A monotheistic religion founded in the mid-19th century in Persia, which emphasizes the unity of all humans as one race and prior religions as all being legitimate revelations from God.
- Bob Jones University : Fundamentalist Christian college located in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Christianity : The largest world religion, which centers around the worship of one God, his son Jesus Christ, and his Holy Spirit.
- Conservative Judaism : A modern stream of Judaism that arose out of intellectual currents in Germany in the mid-19th century and took institutional form in the United States in the early 1900s.
- Focus on the Family : American Christian Right non-profit organization founded in 1977 by James Dobson; Gary Bauer resigned to run for the American Presidency; Partner ministry of Chuck Colson Center for Christian Worldview
- Jihad vs. McWorld : A book by Benjamin Barber, first published in 1995, examining the interaction of globalization and consumerism with religious fundamentalism and tribalism; McDonald's, MTV, and Macintosh are used as icons for consumerism
- Logos : In pre-Socratic philosophy, the principle governing the cosmos, the source of this principle, or human reasoning about the cosmos.
- McDonald's : The world's largest chain of fast food restaurants; while there are regional variations, the chain emphasizes consistency in its core products and ambience
- Middletown : Term meaning the average or typical American small city.
- Panentheism : The theological position that God is immanent within the Universe, but also transcends it.
- Samuel Huntington : An American political scientist, futurist and sociologist (1927-2008), with numerous academic and government posts; well known for his "clash of civilizations" theories and analysis of the motivations of soldiers
- The Clash of Civilizations and the Remaking of World Order : A book, by Samuel Huntington, assuming a fundamental conflict between civilizations of different cultures, and discussing grand strategy to deal with this conflict
- Thomas P. M. Barnett : A U.S. strategic theorist and writer in futures studies, best known for the book The Pentagon's New Map giving a structure for globalization
- Young earth creationism : A set of beliefs espoused by some fundamentalist Protestants who use literal hermeneutics to interpret the Bible. They believe that God created the universe in six 24-hour days and that the earth is only 6,000 – 10,000 years old.