From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Human physiology : Science of the workings of the human body and its component parts, at many levels and modes of scientific investigation and at many levels in the heirarchy of the human body’s complex and changing organization.
- Nutrition : The study of foods and nutrients and their effects on health, growth and development of any individual.
- Baking : Add brief definition or description
- Bread : A kind of food made from heated dough.
- Chocolate : food derived from the seeds of the cacao tree, originating in Central and South America; first cultivated more than 3000 years ago and today enjoyed worldwide.
- Cooking : The act of using heat to prepare food for eating. Cooking may also be said to occur by certain cold-preparation methods.
- Food processing : Add brief definition or description
- Junk food : Tasty processed food of dubious nutritional value, usually mostly sugar and refined carbohydrates.
- Milk : Nutritious liquid which mammals produce to feed their young; also mass-produced for human consumption, mainly of cow's milk.
- Recipe : A set of instructions for cooking a particular dish of food.
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Drink : A beverage or liquid which is consumable by a human, such as coffee or cola or tea or alcohol or milk or orange juice or tomato juice. The most common type of drink is water; most beverages include water or are flavored versions of water; many drinks come from fruits such as Acai berry. For the act of imbibing a beverage, see drinking.
- Food industry : Add brief definition or description
- Kleptoparasitism : The stealing of food items procured by other animals.
- Meal : Add brief definition or description
- Restaurant : Establishment which prepares and serves food and drink to paying customers.
- Vegetarianism : A group of similar voluntary diets, loosely characterized by a reduction or elimination of animal products.