Dorsal scales/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dorsal scales, or pages that link to Dorsal scales or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dorsal scales. Needs checking by a human.
- Adenorhinos : A monotypic genus created for A. barbouri, a venomous viper species found only in Tanzania.
- Atheris ceratophora : Venomous viper species limited to Tanzanian mountain ranges. The only horned, arboreal viper in Africa.
- Atheris chlorechis : Venomous bush viper species found only in West African forests.
- Atheris hispida : Venomous viper found in Central Africa with extremely keeled scales and an almost bristly appearance.
- Atheris katangensis : Venomous bush viper endemic to Congo; smallest member (< 40 cm) of genus Atheris.
- Atheris squamigera : Venomous viper species found in west and central Africa.
- Bitis arietans : A venomous member of the Bitis genus, found in savannah and grasslands from Morocco and western Arabia throughout Africa except for the Sahara and rain forest regions.
- Bitis : Genus of venomous vipers found in Africa and the southern Arabian Peninsula.
- Causus bilineatus : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in south central Africa.
- Causus defilippii : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in East Africa.
- Causus lichtensteinii : A venomous viper species found in western and central Africa with no known subspecies.
- Causus maculatus : Venomous viper species found mainly in West- and Central Africa.
- Causus resimus : A venomous member of the genus Causus, found in isolated populations distributed across tropical Africa.
- Cerastes (genus) : A venomous member of the genus Cerastes, found in the deserts and semi-deserts of northern North Africa eastward through Arabia and Iran.
- Daboia : A monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, D. russelii.
- Echis carinatus sochureki : Venomous viper subspecies of the genus Echis, found in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and parts of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Echis carinatus : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found in parts of the Middle East, Central Asia, and especially the Indian subcontinent.
- Echis hughesi : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found only in Somalia.
- Echis leucogaster : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found in West and Northwest Africa.
- Echis megalocephalus : Venomous viper species of the genus Echis, found only on one island in the Red Sea off the coast of Eritrea.
- Echis : Quick-tempered viper genus of Africa, the Middle East, India and Sri Lanka that produce hemotoxic venom.
- Eristicophis : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, E. macmahonii, found only in the desert region of Balochistan near the borders of Iran, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- Lachesis muta : Venomous pit viper species found in South America.
- Macrovipera lebetina obtusa : Venomous viper subspecies found between central Turkey and northern Pakistan (Kashmir).
- Macrovipera lebetina : Venomous viper species found in North Africa.
- Micrurus fulvius : Venomous elapid species found in the southeastern U.S.A.
- Montatheris : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, M. hindii, found only at high altitude on Mount Kenya and the Aberdare mountain range in Kenya.
- Pseudocerastes persicus fieldi : Venomous viper subspecies found in the deserts of the Middle East.
- Pseudocerastes : Monotypic genus created for a venomous viper species, P. persicus, found throughout the Middle East and as far east as Pakistan, but not on the African mainland.
- Snake (organism) : Elongate legless carnivorous reptiles of the suborder Serpentes, order Squamata, abundant in all warm countries.
- Ventral scales : Enlarged and transversely elongated scales in snakes, that extend down the underside of the body from the neck to the anal scale.
- Vipera albizona : Central Turkish mountain viper; venomous viper species endemic to the mountainous regions of central Turkey.
- Vipera ammodytes meridionalis : Venomous viper subspecies found in Greece and Turkish Thrace.
- Vipera ammodytes transcaucasiana : Venomous viper subspecies of the genus Vipera, found in parts of Georgia and northern Turkish Anatolia.
- Vipera ammodytes : Horned viper, long-nosed viper, sand viper, nose-horned viper, horn-nosed viper; venomous viper species found in southern Europe through to the Balkans and parts of the Middle East.
- Vipera aspis : Asp; a venomous viper species found in southwestern Europe.
- Vipera berus : Widespread venomous viper found in Western Europe, Great Britain and eastward to Far East Asia.
- Vipera wagneri : Venomous viper species found in eastern Turkey and northwest Iran.
- Vipera : Genus of venomous vipers.