From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Dielectric, or pages that link to Dielectric or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dielectric. Needs checking by a human.
- Clausius-Mossotti relation : connects the relative permittivity εr of a dielectric to the polarizability α of the atoms or molecules constituting the dielectric.
- Coulomb's law : An inverse-square distance law, like Newton's gravitational law, describing the forces acting between electric point charges; also valid for the force between magnetic poles.
- Diamond : A stable allotrope of carbon where the carbon atoms are arranged in an isometric-hexoctahedral crystal lattice, commonly used in industrial applications and jewelry.
- Electric displacement : a vector field D in a dielectric; D is proportional to the outer electric field E.
- Electric field : force acting on an electric charge—a vector field.
- Electromagnetism : Phenomena and theories regarding electricity and magnetism.
- Energy (science) : A measurable physical quantity of a system which can be expressed in joules (the metric unit for a quantity of energy) or other measurement units such as ergs, calories, watt-hours or Btu.
- Ether (physics) : Medium that can carry electromagnetic waves (obsolete)
- Exponential growth : Increase of a quantity x with time t according to the equation x = Kat, where K and a are constants, a is greater than 1, and K is greater than 0.
- Hydrogen bond : A non-covalent and non-ionic chemical bond involving a hydrogen atom and either Fluorine, Nitrogen, or Oxygen.
- Lorentz-Lorenz relation : An equation describing the relation between the density and index of refraction of a dielectric.
- Michael Faraday : (1791 – 1867) Was an English physicist and chemist whose best known work was on the closely connected phenomena of electricity and magnetism; his discoveries lead to the electrification of industrial societies.
- Paper : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See Paper (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Relative permittivity : A factor describing the polarizability of a material or medium as a proportionality between an electric displacement and an electric field in a dielectric.