From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- South Wales : Add brief definition or description
- Wales : A country of the United Kingdom that historically was considered a principality; population about 3,000,000.
- Great Britain : The largest part of the United Kingdom, comprising England, Scotland, Wales and islands immediately off their coasts.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Subdivisions of the United Kingdom
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
Town and cities
- Swansea : Add brief definition or description
- Newport : Add brief definition or description
- Merthyr Tydfil : Add brief definition or description
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Scotland : A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Welsh English : Add brief definition or description
- Welsh language : A Brythonic Celtic language spoken mainly in Wales and Patagonia, Argentina.
- English language : A West Germanic language widely spoken in the United Kingdom, its territories and dependencies, Commonwealth countries and former colonial outposts of the British Empire; has developed the status of a global language.