Breed standard/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Breed standard, or pages that link to Breed standard or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Breed standard. Needs checking by a human.
- Animal fancy : Hobby involving interest in, and particularly devotion to, the keeping and or breeding of animals.
- Australian Silky Terrier : A toy terrier of a breed developed from a cross between the Australian terrier and the Yorkshire terrier, characterized by long, silky, bluish-gray hair, tan markings, and erect ears.
- Breed club : Societies dedicated to the breeding and welfare of a specific breed of purebred dog.
- Coat (animal) : The pelage of a show animal or a garment design to protect an animal from harsh weather.
- Dog breeding : The vocation of mating carefully selected specimens of the same dog breed in order to reproduce specific, consistently replicable qualities and characteristics.
- Dog breed : A selectively-bred dog group with dependably similar and predictable characteristics.
- Dog colors : Colour origins and characteristics of canines.
- Dog grooming : the act of cleaning a dog's coat and external organs both for the sake of appearance and for the animal's health and hygiene.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- Fox Terrier : Small to medium-sized hunting terrier developed to rout fox and vermin.
- Jack Russell Terrier : Small, tenacious and resourceful terrier originally developed as a hunting dog.
- Kennel club : Society dedicated to the welfare of purebred dogs that sponsor trials and shows, and keep purebred registries.
- Maine Coon : The oldest American breed of long-haired domestic cat.
- Maltese (dog) : Breed of canine in the toy group, known for its silky white hair, descended from dogs originating in the central Mediterranean area.
- Miniature Fox Terrier : A small Australian vermin-routing terrier, developed from 19th Century Fox Terriers and Fox Terrier types.
- Phalène : A small and elegant but strong toy dog breed dating from at least the 16th Century; the original version of the Papillon.
- Race (biology) : Inbreeding group marked by a pre-determined profile of latent factors of hereditary traits.
- Rottweiler : A large breed of dog known for its great physical strength and strong protective instinct.
- Sexual dimorphism : The physical differences that exist between males and females of a given species.