Toy dog/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
< Toy dog
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Toy dog. Needs checking by a human.
- Breed standard : Set of guidelines which is used to ensure that the animals produced by a breeder or breeding facility conform to the specifics of the breed.
- Canine : A subgroup of the taxonomic family Canidae also called "true dogs"; it includes several species and subspecies, including wolves and the domestic dog.
- Dog group : An official category under the auspices of a kennel club, a group comprises many individual dog breeds.
- Dog : Domesticated canine often kept as a pet or as a working animal and known as 'man's best friend'.
- France : Western European republic (population c. 64.1 million; capital Paris) extending across Europe from the English Channel in the north-west to the Mediterranean in the south-east; bounded by Belgium, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Monaco, Andorra and Spain; founding member of the European Union. Colonial power in Southeast Asia until 1954.
- Fédération Cynologique Internationale : An international umbrella organisation for kennel clubs, headquartered in Belgium.
- Kennel club : Society dedicated to the welfare of purebred dogs that sponsor trials and shows, and keep purebred registries.
- Miniature Fox Terrier : A small Australian vermin-routing terrier, developed from 19th Century Fox Terriers and Fox Terrier types.
- Painting : Art consisting of representational, imaginative, or abstract designs produced by application of coloured paints or pigments to a two-dimensional, prepared, surface.
- Phalène : A small and elegant but strong toy dog breed dating from at least the 16th Century; the original version of the Papillon.
- Terrier : A member or descendant of any of several dog breeds or dog landraces originally developed for hunting or vermin routing.
- The Kennel Club : A prestigious kennel club based in London, England, founded in 1873; the oldest all-breed kennel club.
- Toy : An inanimate (non-living) or artificially animate (robotic) object designed to be played with.
- Working dog : A diverse group of domestic dogs used to perform specific tasks to assist humans in their work.