From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Ulster : The northernmost of the four provinces of Ireland.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Subdivisions of the United Kingdom
- Ireland (island) : An island to the west coast of Great Britain, comprising the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Scotland : A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Wales : A country of the United Kingdom that historically was considered a principality; population about 3,000,000.
- England : The largest and southernmost country in the United Kingdom, and location of the largest city and seat of government, London; population about 51,000,000.
- Ireland (state) : Republic (population c. 4.2 million; capital Dublin) comprising about 85% of the Atlantic island of Ireland, west of Great Britain.
- Northern Irish English : Add brief definition or description
- Ulster Scots : Add brief definition or description
- Irish language : A Goidelic Celtic language spoken mainly on the island of Ireland and in Canada.
- English language : A West Germanic language widely spoken in the United Kingdom, its territories and dependencies, Commonwealth countries and former colonial outposts of the British Empire; has developed the status of a global language.