Angular momentum (quantum)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Angular momentum (quantum), or pages that link to Angular momentum (quantum) or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Angular momentum (quantum). Needs checking by a human.
- Angular momentum (classical) : The tendency of a rotating object to resist changes to its rotational motion.
- Angular momentum (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Angular momentum coupling : The procedure of constructing eigenvectors of a system's angular momentum out of angular momentum eigenvectors of its subsystems.
- Associated Legendre function : Function defined by where Pℓ denotes a Legendre function.
- Clebsch-Gordan coefficients : appear in total angular momentum eigenstates when written in terms of angular momentum states of subsystems.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Electron orbital : Quantum mechanical quadratically integrable one-electron function (function of the coordinates of one electron)
- Electron shell : A group of electron orbitals that share the same principal quantum number (n).
- Hydrogen-like atom : An atom, excluding hydrogen itself, with only one electron, having charge +(Z-1), where Z = atomic number.
- NMR spectroscopy : The use of electromagnetic radiation, in the presence of a magnetic field, to obtain information regarding transitions between different nuclear spin states of the nuclei present in the sample of interest.
- Nuclear magnetic resonance : A property that magnetic nuclei have in a magnetic field and applied electromagnetic (EM) pulse, which cause the nuclei to absorb energy from the EM pulse and radiate this energy back out.
- Russell-Saunders coupling : A coupling scheme of electronic spin- and orbital-angular momenta in atomic spectroscopy.
- Slater determinant : A form for the wavefunction of a multi-fermionic system that satisfies anti-symmetry requirements, and consequently the Pauli exclusion principle, by changing sign upon exchange of fermions.
- Solid harmonics : Solutions of the Laplace equation in spherical polar coordinates.
- Spherical harmonics : A series of harmonic basis functions that can be used to describe the boundary of objects with spherical topology.
- Term symbol : An abbreviated description of the angular momentum quantum numbers in a multi-electron atom.