Solid harmonics/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Solid harmonics, or pages that link to Solid harmonics or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Solid harmonics. Needs checking by a human.
- Angular momentum (quantum) : A vector operator of which the three components have well-defined commutation relations.
- Clebsch-Gordan coefficients : appear in total angular momentum eigenstates when written in terms of angular momentum states of subsystems.
- Gaussian type orbitals : Functions used as atomic orbitals in the LCAO method for the computation of electron orbitals in molecules.
- Hydrogen-like atom : An atom, excluding hydrogen itself, with only one electron, having charge +(Z-1), where Z = atomic number.
- Laplace expansion (potential) : An expansion by means of which the determinant of a matrix may be computed in terms of the determinants of all possible smaller square matrices contained in the original.
- Multipole expansion (interaction) : A mathematical series representing a function that depends on angles, and frequently used in the study of electromagnetic, and gravitational fields, where the fields at distant points are given in terms of sources in a small region.
- Multipole expansion of electric field : an expansion in terms of powers of 1/R of an electric potential outside a charge distribution; R is the distance of a point outside to a point inside the charge distribution.
- Slater orbital : Functions used as atomic orbitals in the linear combination of atomic orbitals molecular orbital method.
- Spherical harmonics : A series of harmonic basis functions that can be used to describe the boundary of objects with spherical topology.