Russell-Saunders coupling/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Russell-Saunders coupling, or pages that link to Russell-Saunders coupling or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Russell-Saunders coupling. Needs checking by a human.
- Angular momentum (quantum) : A vector operator of which the three components have well-defined commutation relations.
- Angular momentum coupling : The procedure of constructing eigenvectors of a system's angular momentum out of angular momentum eigenvectors of its subsystems.
- Antisymmetrizer : operator that projects onto an antisymmetric subspace of a tensor product space of identical linear spaces;
- Atomic electron configuration : A specification of the occupation of an atom's electron orbitals by electrons.
- Atomic number : The number of protons in the nucleus of a single atom of a chemical element.
- Hund's rules : Rules for predicting the order of atomic energy levels with quantum numbers L, S and J.
- Slater determinant : A form for the wavefunction of a multi-fermionic system that satisfies anti-symmetry requirements, and consequently the Pauli exclusion principle, by changing sign upon exchange of fermions.
- Term symbol : An abbreviated description of the angular momentum quantum numbers in a multi-electron atom.