Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, or pages that link to Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Department of Defense : The military forces of the United States and their supporting civil servants.
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff : The senior member of the uniformed services of the United States, statutory senior military adviser to the President and Secretary of Defense; currently Admiral Mike Mullen; policy developer and adviser not in the operational chain of command
- James Cartwright : General, United States Marine Corps, who serves as Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; former commander, United States Strategic Command
- Peter Pace : General, United States Marine Corps; Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff 2005-2007
- David Jeremiah : Admiral United States Navy, retired, and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; Advisor, Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs; chair of advisory panel reviewing the National Reconnaissance Office
- Edmund Giambastini : Director, Atlantic Council; Admiral, retired, United States Navy and Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff; member, International Security Advisory Board, United States Department of State
- Richard Myers : General, United States Air Force, retired; former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- National Command Authority : The combination of the U.S. President and Secretary of Defense, or their successors, who have the sole authority to authorize the use of nuclear weapons, or issue orders to Unified Combatant Commands
- Unified Combatant Command : Operational line-of-commands for United States military groups.