User talk:Carlo Monsanto
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! D. Matt Innis 23:54, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Carlo, There are a couple of things about Applied Consciousness Sciences that we should address before starting the official approval process:
- Where did you get the material for the article? It seems like you took the article whole from some other source.
- Why are all of the links to Wikipedia? These links should be internal links to our own articles.
-- Joe Quick (Approval Manager) 19:07, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
Hi Joe, To answer your questions: I wrote the article myself. I first published it on WIkipedia, but its being considered for deletion. The reason being: its not notable. I don't know how they came to that conclusion, but I think its not objective. The editor is a neuroscientist. On my search for a more friendly alternative, I was introduced to Citizendium. Most links are to Wikipedia articles because I cannot find most of the definitions on the CZ site. What do you suggest? -- Carlo M. --Carlo Monsanto 19:26, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
- I would suggest seeking out an experienced Citizendium author who can help you get the article into standard Citizendium format and style. The question of links is relatively easy: all links within the article should be normal wikilinks to Citizendium articles even if those articles don't exist yet. This is a matter of style that we are all held to and an experienced author will be able to help. There are also norms for the tone and perspective that we take with Citizendium articles: we don't have any rules about notability but there are some comments on the article's talk page that will be important to address. -- Joe Quick (Approval Manager) 13:33, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Removal notice: Applied Consciousness Sciences
- Opened: --Peter Schmitt 22:33, 9 October 2011 (UTC)
- Closed: Page blanked and replaced by text as suggested. --Peter Schmitt 11:50, 19 October 2011 (UTC)
- Please also remove suggested text because that which is stated is an assumption! --Carlo Monsanto 16:23, 19 October 2011 (UTC)