Solomon Islands/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Solomon Islands, or pages that link to Solomon Islands or to this page or whose text .
- Commonwealth of Nations : An international organisation that evolved out of the British Empire.
- Pacific Ocean : the largest single mass of water in the world, lying between Asia and Australia on its west, and North America and South America on its east.
- Battle of the Coral Sea : Fought in May 1942, the first battle between naval forces built around aircraft carriers, in which the opposing United States and Japanese ships never saw one another; it was a tactical Japanese defeat and strategic U.S. victory
- Guadalcanal campaign : The first Allied offensive campaign of the Pacific theater in WWII, fought August 7, 1942 and February 9, 1943; Allied victory
- Battle of Cape Esperance : A night naval engagement between U.S. and Japanese forces, 11-12 October 1942, off the northernmost point of Guadalcanal
- Naval Battle of Guadalcanal : Add brief definition or description
- Battle of Savo Island : A night cruiser-destroyer engagement during the Guadalcanal Campaign, among the worst defeats for the U.S. Navy, which lost four cruisers
- Battle of Tassafaronga : Add brief definition or description
- Battle of Rennell Island : The last naval battle of the Guadalcanal Campaign, in which a U.S. cruiser-destroyer force under Rear Admiral "Ike" Giffen, concerned with meeting a schedule, sped ahead of its escort carriers and was attacked by Japanese aircraft from Rabaul
- Australia : Continent in the Southern Hemisphere and the federal parliamentary nation that occupies it.
- Papua New Guinea : A developing nation in Oceania, part of the Commonwealth of Nations, on whose islands and in whose waters were fought many major battles of the Second World War
- Vanuatu : Republic in the Pacific Ocean, comprising of 80 islands in an archipelago 1,750 kilometres north-east of Australia.