Guadalcanal campaign/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Guadalcanal campaign, or pages that link to Guadalcanal campaign or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Guadalcanal campaign. Needs checking by a human.
- Battle of the Coral Sea : Fought in May 1942, the first battle between naval forces built around aircraft carriers, in which the opposing United States and Japanese ships never saw one another; it was a tactical Japanese defeat and strategic U.S. victory
- George C. Marshall : Army Chief of Staff (WWII), Secretary of State, Secretary of Defense (Korean War)and sponsor of the Marshall Plan.
- Imagery intelligence : the practice of taking and interpreting visible and infrared light photographs and video, radar imagery, and other ways to form pictures of subjects of interest
- Medal of Honor : The highest U.S. military decoration for valor, "above and beyond the call of duty", at the risk of life, in direct combat
- Palau : Independent republic in the Pacific Ocean, an archipelago consisting of more than 350 islets.
- Philippines : A large, democratic nation of Southeast Asia, consisting of an archipelago of over 7,000 islands, with many cultures, religions and languages.
- World War II, Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- World War II : War between the Allies (most notably the UK, US and Soviet Union) and the Axis (principally Germany and Japan) 1939–1945.