Scottish Parliament/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Scottish Parliament, or pages that link to Scottish Parliament or to this page or whose text .
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Scotland : A country that forms the northernmost part of the United Kingdom; population about 5,200,000.
- Parliament : Legislative body convened for its (often elected) members to propose, debate, pass, amend or repeal the laws of a political region such as a state; used with particular reference to the legislative system found in many British Commonwealth countries (i.e., the Westminster system)
- Devolution : Process or result of granting (usually political) powers previously held at a higher level to regional or local institutions; e.g. the UK government transferred certain powers to the Scottish Parliament in 1999.
- Scottish National Party : Left-leaning party which campaigns for an independent Scotland outside the UK; founded 1934 and formed a minority administration in the Scottish Parliament (2007-2011), then a majority government (since May 2011).
- Scottish Labour Party : Add brief definition or description
- Scottish Conservative Party : Add brief definition or description
- Scottish Liberal Democrats : Add brief definition or description
- Scottish Green Party : Add brief definition or description
- Parliament of the United Kingdom : The supreme legislative body in the United Kingdom its territories.
- Edinburgh : The capital of Scotland.
- Royal Palace of Holyroodhouse : An official residence of the monarch, located in Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Declaration of Arbroath : Letter sent, by Scottish nobles, to Pope John XXII April 6, 1320 asserting Scotland's right to independence from England.
- Treaty of Union (1707) : The Treaty of Union, which led to the Acts of Union, refers to the joint actions of the parliaments of England and Scotland in 1707 which united the two previously independent countries to form the Kingdom of Great Britain.