Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Psychiatry, or pages that link to Psychiatry or to this page or whose text .
- Biology : The science of life — of complex, self-organizing, information-processing systems living in the past, present or future.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Schizophrenia : A mental disorder characterized by impaired perception of the individual's environment.
- Autism : Developmental disability that results from a disorder of the human central nervous system.
- Alzheimer's disease : A degenerative disease of the brain characterized by the insidious onset of dementia; manifests itself in impairment of memory, judgment, attention span, and problem solving skills, followed by severe apraxias and a global loss of cognitive abilities.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Brain morphometry : The quantitative study of structures in the brain, their differences between individuals, correlations with brain function, and changes of these characteristics over time.