Protected distribution system/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Protected distribution system, or pages that link to Protected distribution system or to this page or whose text .
- Classified information : Material collected or created by a government that is subject to limitations on its release to the general public and may have penalties for its unauthorized release.
- Communications security : Policies, procedures and technologies used to protect information while it is being transmitted
- RED-BLACK engineering : Add brief definition or description
- TEMPEST (code word) : Formally, the unclassified code word for means of protection against information disclosure by inadvertent leakage of radiated or conducted energy from electrical or acoustic devices; more broadly interpreted as passive means of intelligence collection of such leakage; generally a considered part of measurement and signature intelligence, primarily the radiofrequency MASINT subset thereof
- Compartmented control system : A set of controls, in addition to a regular national security classifications, that adds additional security restrictions to especially sensitive information
- Electromagnetic pulse : An intense burst of electromagnetic (EM) energy caused by an abrupt, rapid acceleration of charged particles, usually electrons.
- Faraday cage : Add brief definition or description
- Grounding : Add brief definition or description
- Fiber optic : Conductors of electromagnetic radiation in the infrared or visible light spectra, capable of carrying information at higher rates than copper cable using electrical conduction
- Optoisolator : An electronic and optical component that converts an electrical signal to light, which is sent, internal to the device, to a receiver that converts it back to electricity; this provides noise and security isolation between two electrical environments
- Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility : A work area with the administrative, physical, and electronic safeguards to allow proper protection of information or materials under the requirements of a compartmented control system
- SIPRNET : The shared United States Department of Defense network that carries the bulk of classified information, limited to a security classification of SECRET.
- JWICS : A military and intelligence communications system approved for classified information designated collateral TOP SECRET, as well as any information in a compartmented control system such as Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Program (SAP)