< SIPRNETJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to SIPRNET, or pages that link to SIPRNET or to this page or whose text contains "SIPRNET".
- Classified information [r]: Material collected or created by a government that is subject to limitations on its release to the general public and may have penalties for its unauthorized release. [e]
- Military communications [r]: Add brief definition or description
- Defense Information Systems Network [r]: The shared Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM) terrestrial digital communications system for the U.S. military, onto which are layered routed networks such as NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS [e]
- JWICS [r]: A military and intelligence communications system approved for classified information designated collateral TOP SECRET, as well as any information in a compartmented control system such as Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Program (SAP) [e]
- NIPRNET [r]: The common user network intended to carry U.S. military "sensitive but unclassified" traffic for military personnel, government employees, military contractors, and approved allies [e]
- AN/VRC-106(V)1 (C) [r]: Secure Wireless Local Area Network Radio, operating in the 2.4 and 4.4 GHz bands, used to interconnect elements of a Tactical Operations Center and to extend SIPRNET connectivity into urban areas [e]