Peripheral nervous system/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Peripheral nervous system, or pages that link to Peripheral nervous system or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Peripheral nervous system. Needs checking by a human.
- Acetylcholine : A chemical transmitter in both the peripheral nervous system (PNS) and central nervous system (CNS) in many organisms including humans.
- Alcohol : A chemical compound that contains a hydroxy group (OH).
- Autonomic nervous system : Neurones that are not under conscious control, comprising two antagonistic components, the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems.
- Central nervous system : The main information-processing organs of the nervous system, consisting of the brain, spinal cord, and meninges.
- Demyelinating disease : Diseases that are "characterized by loss or dysfunction of myelin in the central or peripheral nervous system.
- Guillain-Barre syndrome : An acute, autoimmune, polyradiculoneuropathy affecting the peripheral nervous system.
- Myelin : The proteinaceous material constituting most of the insulating sheath that surrounds the axons of nerve cells.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Neuroanatomy : The branch of anatomy that studies the anatomical organization of the nervous system.
- Neurology : The medical specialty concerned with evaluating the nervous system and the other system that it affects, and the treatment of nervous system disorders.
- Neuropathy : Abnormal function of nerves of the peripheral nervous system.