- Canada : The world's second-largest country by total area, occupying most of northern North America; officially a bilingual nation, in English and French (population approx. 27 million).
- Toronto : (population 5,304,100) the largest city in Canada, capital of the province of Ontario.
- Ottawa : Capital city of Canada, population 812,129.
Cultural and scientific
Other Canadian provinces
- Alberta : One of the western prairie provinces of Canada, rich in oil and with a population of about 3.5 million (2007 estimate).
- British Columbia : The westernmost province of Canada, located on the Pacific coast; pop. 3,933,000 (1996) makes it the third most populous of Canada's provinces.
- Saskatchewan : An Prairie province in central Canada with a population of about 994,000.
- Manitoba : One of Canada's ten provinces, between Ontario and Saskatchewan, south of the Territory of Nunavut.
- Quebec : A province in eastern Canada, mostly French speaking and with a population of about 7 million.
- New Brunswick : Please do not use this term in your topic list, because there is no single article for it. Please substitute a more precise term. See New Brunswick (disambiguation) for a list of available, more precise, topics. Please add a new usage if needed.
- Nova Scotia : (population 939,531) A Maritime province on the east coast of Canada.
- Prince Edward Island : (population 140,402) A Maritime province and island, located in the Gulf of Saint Lawrence on the east coast of Canada.
- Newfoundland and Labrador : Province in Eastern Canada.