Occupied Territories/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Occupied Territories, or pages that link to Occupied Territories or to this page or whose text .
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Arab-Israeli conflict : Add brief definition or description
- Palestinian Territories : Add brief definition or description
- West Bank : Areas on the West Bank of the Jordan River, assigned to Jordan by the United Nations resolution that partitioned the British Mandate of Palestine, which have been under Israeli control since the 1967 Arab-Israeli War
- Gaza Strip : 26-mile-long Middle Eastern coastal region long the Mediterranean Sea, bordering Egypt and Israel; population about 1.4 million Palestinian people, governed by Hamas since June 2007.
- Hamas : The most powerful political and military organization in the Occupied Territories, especially the Gaza Strip; offshoot of the Muslim Brotherhood but not Salafism
- Palestinian National Authority : Add brief definition or description
- Palestinian Liberation Organization : Add brief definition or description
- Fatah : Add brief definition or description
- Islamic Jihad : Add brief definition or description
- Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades : Add brief definition or description
- Yasser Arafat : First President of the Palestinian Authority (PA) from 1996 to his death in 2004, Chairman of the Palestine Liberation Organization (1969-2004) and founded Fatah in 1956
- Mahmoud Abbas : Elected President of the Palestinian Authority
Previous occupying or administering states
- Israel : Country in the Middle East.
- Egypt : A country in the northeastern corner of Africa, bordering Sudan, Libya, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Ottoman Empire : An empire, informally the Turkish Empire, that dominated most of the Middle East from the 14th to early 20th century.
- Hezbollah : An Islamist and Shi'a group, centered in Lebanon, which has conducted terrorism there and worldwide, but also acts a shadow government and provides public services
- Golan Heights : A strategically important border area between Israel and Syria, captured from Syria in the 1967 Arab-Israeli War; lightly populated and not part of the Israel-Palestine Conflict other than being occupied territory
- Shebaa farms : Add brief definition or description
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- Syria : Country in the Middle East, facing the Mediterranean Sea, and sharing borders with Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey.