- See also changes related to Montagnard, or pages that link to Montagnard or to this page or whose text .
- Laos : A country in Southeast Asia that was part of French Indochina, located northeast of Thailand and west of Vietnam, with short borders to Burma, Cambodia and China
- Cambodia : A country of Southeast Asia, on the Gulf of Thailand, sharing borders with Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Ban Me Thuot : A town in the Central Highlands of Vietnam, the junction of a number of key highways; During the Vietnam War, it was a MACV-SOG covert action base; the first major town captured in the 1975 North Vietnamese invasion, triggering large-scale refugee flight
- Civilian Irregular Defense Group : Light and irregular infantry units in the Republic of Vietnam, typically defending their local area, and trained and led by United States Army Special Forces personnel, and sometimes by their Army of the Republic of Viet Nam counterparts in the Nha Ky Thuat
- Lac Luong Dac Biet : Special Forces of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam; a paramilitary organization reporting to the office of President Ngo Dinh Diem before his overthrow, then a combination of a counterpart to United States Army Special Forces and a clandestine human-source intelligence and covert action organization, and eventually a pure counterpart organization.
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.
- CIA activities in Asia-Pacific : This is a regional-level subpage dealing with CIA intelligence and operations pertaining to the Asia-Pacific area. Large topics may be in subordinate pages.
- Pathet Lao : A Communist revolutionary organization, allied with the Viet Minh and Democratic Republic of Vietnam, which began as part of coalition and anticolonialist governments in the 1950s and 1960s, and gained control of Laos in 1975