Meghan O'Sullivan/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Meghan O'Sullivan, or pages that link to Meghan O'Sullivan or to this page or whose text .
- Diplomacy (foreign policy) : The process of negotiations, among nations, usually by accredited representatives of a government. While the details of the negotiations may not be public information, the fact of the diplomatic negotiations is official and acknowledged
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- U.S. policy toward Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- Harvard University : Institution of higher education in located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- George W. Bush Administration : The policies and acts during the presidency of George W. Bush, the 43rd president of the United States of America
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- National Security Council : Both the senior foreign policy committee of principal officers of the executive branch of the United States of America, chaired by the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs, and, by extension, the professional staff reporting to the Assistant
- Coalition Provisional Authority : The initial U.S. civilian governmental body, carrying out, in Iraq, the role of Occupying Power as defined in the Third and Fourth Geneva Conventions
- Office of Reconstruction and Humanitarian Assistance : The initial U.S. government organization established to run Iraq following the end of the major fighting in the Iraq War; replaced by the Coalition Provisional Authority
- Policy Planning Staff : An organization in the U.S. Department of State, principally assisting the Secretary with long-term planning, liaison with outside experts, and bringing dissenting views to high-level officials
- Ryan Crocker : U.S. Ambassador to Iraq, 2007-2009, and a Foreign Service Officer with the highest rank of Career Ambassador
- Ray Odierno : General, United States Army, commanding Multi-National Force-Iraq; commanded 4th Infantry Division (U.S.) at end of major combat of the Iraq War
- Brookings Institution : Generally considered neutral in its overall output, a large think tank in Washington, D.C.
- Council on Foreign Relations : An influential "think tank", publisher, and facilitator of communications in international relations; based in the US but with an international membership and not associated with a specific ideology
- Trilateral Commission : Add brief definition or description
- Transitional Administrative Law : Add brief definition or description
- Iraqi Interim Government : Add brief definition or description
- Economic warfare : The use of principally non-military methods to impose national policy, when those methods deal in the broad sense of economics, such as embargoes, freezing assets, and buying up raw materials. It may be complemented by military means such as intercepting supply shipments or attacking factories.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Georgetown University : Jesuit university in Washington, DC; noted in foreign policy, linguistics, bioethics
- Oxford University : Add brief definition or description