Matome Ugaki/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Matome Ugaki, or pages that link to Matome Ugaki or to this page or whose text .
- Battle of Midway : Generally considered to be the turning point of the Pacific Theater in the Second World War, a Japanese force intending to capture Midway Island was turned back with the loss of four aircraft carriers, at the cost of one U.S. carrier; it was the last major Japanese offensive of the war
- Battle of Leyte Gulf : The largest naval battle in history, fought in October 1944 as Japan tried to interfere with U.S. amphibious landings in the Philippines
- Kamikaze : Suicide attacks, specifically by Japanese aircraft in the Second World War, against military targets
- Takeo Kurita : Vice Admiral, Imperial Japanese Navy; commanded First Striking Force (Leyte) at Battle of Leyte Gulf and Japanese Second Fleet (battleships); President of the Naval Academy at war's end
- Takajiro Ohnishi : (1891-1945) Vice Admiral, Imperial Japanese Navy; aviation officer regarded as the father of the organized kamikazes; committed seppuku after the surrender of Japan