- Antioxidant : Chemical compound or substance that inhibits oxidation.
- Carotenoid : Antioxidants structurally related to alpha-carotene.
- Anti-cancer food : Foods known to reduce the risk of cancer.
- Carotene : Antioxidant subgroup of carotenoids and precursors of Vitamin A.
- Lycopene : Antioxidant chemical found in large amounts in tomatoes.
- Zeaxanthin : Antioxidant carotenoid that helps prevent age-related macular degeneration and cancer.
- Cryptoxanthin : Antioxidant chemicals that are a subclass of the carotenoids.