Jean Sainteny/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Jean Sainteny, or pages that link to Jean Sainteny or to this page or whose text .
- French Indochina : French colonial structure in Southeast Asia that contained Cambodia, Laos, and present-day Vietnam, from the first invasion in 1858 to the Geneva accords in 1954
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Indochina and the Second World War : Between 1936 and 1947, external events, related to the Second World War, which affected French Indochina
- Paris Peace Talks : Secret bilateral talks between the U.S. and North Vietnam (1969-1973) to end U.S. involvement in the Vietnam War, resulting in the Paris Accords signed on January 28, 1973.
- Ho Chi Minh : Vietnamese communist and nationalist leader and revolutionary (1890–1969); president of North Vietnam 1946–1969.
- Henry Kissinger : (1923—) American academic, diplomat, and simultaneously Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs and Secretary of State in the Nixon Administration; promoted realism (foreign policy) and détente with China and the Soviet Union; shared 1973 Nobel Peace Prize for ending the Vietnam War; Director, Atlantic Council
- Le Duc Tho : A member of the Politburo of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, who was the true, not public, senior negotiator at the Paris Peace Talks, although listed as "special adviser"
- Xuan Thuy : Foreign Minister of the Democratic Republic of Vietnam between 1963 and 1965; official head of the North Vietnamese delegation to the Paris Peace Talks but really subordinate to Le Duc Tho.