Insulin resistance/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Insulin resistance, or pages that link to Insulin resistance or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Insulin resistance. Needs checking by a human.
- Bariatric banding : A surgical technique that uses a removable and adjustable constricting band to reduce the capacity of an organ in the gastrointestinal system, principally for weight loss but also for possible metabolic benefits involving hormone secretion or suppression
- Diabetes mellitus type 2 : Medical condition characterised by glucose intolerance and hyperglycemia
- Diabetic ketoacidosis : A metabolic disorder caused by a relative or absolute deficiency of insulin, and characterized by hyperglycemia, dehydration, acidosis], and excess ketones in the blood
- Glucosamine : Amino sugar component of chitin, heparan sulphate, chondroitin sulphate and many complex polysaccharides, used in treatment of osteoarthritis.
- Hemochromatosis : Hereditary disorder affecting iron metabolism in which excessive amounts of iron accumulate in the body tissues, characterized by diabetes mellitus, liver dysfunction, and a bronze pigmentation of the skin.
- Impaired glucose tolerance : Pre-diabetic state of dysglycemia, that is associated with insulin resistance and increased risk of cardiovascular pathology.
- Infection : Invasion and multiplication of microorganisms in body tissues, especially that causing local cellular injury due to competitive metabolism, toxins, intracellular replication or antigen–antibody response.
- Metabolic syndrome X : Combination of medical disorders that increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
- Metabolic syndrome : Clustering of medical conditions associated with abdominal obesity, hypertriglyceridemia, low level of high-density lipoproteins, hypertension, and high fasting glucose level.
- Thiazolidinedione : Add brief definition or description