George Casey/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to George Casey, or pages that link to George Casey or to this page or whose text .
- Joint Chiefs of Staff : The staff committee of the most senior members of the U.S. military services, charged with policy advice, doctrinal development, and preparedness rather than operational control of forces
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- Chief of Staff of the Army : Uniformed professional head of the United States Army, a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and of four-star general rank
- Multi-National Force-Iraq : The senior Coalition military headquarters in Iraq, commanded by GEN Ray Odierno, U.S. Army
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Abu Ghraib prison : A prison by Saddam Hussein, and then as a U.S. detention facility following the Iraq War, including a period when guards were out of control; now under the Iraqi Ministry of Justice.
- Tommy Franks : Head of United States Central Command during the start of the Afghanistan War (2001-) and Iraq War; retired as a general
- David McKiernan : A U.S Army General who was relieved early of command of the International Security Assistance Force, NATO's headquarters in Afghanistan; he commanded the ground forces in the Iraq War and is an armored combat specialist, as opposed to his replacement, GEN Stanley McChrystal, a special operations officer