French support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war/Related Articles
- See also changes related to French support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war, or pages that link to French support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war or to this page or whose text .
- Iran : Country in the Middle East.
- Iraq : Country in the Middle East, currently transitioning from rule by the US.
- Iran-Iraq War : War between Iran and Iraq, 1980-1988, with very high casualties on both sides, but an inconclusive result
- Economic warfare : The use of principally non-military methods to impose national policy, when those methods deal in the broad sense of economics, such as embargoes, freezing assets, and buying up raw materials. It may be complemented by military means such as intercepting supply shipments or attacking factories.
- Counterproliferation : The set of activities that detect and monitor the threat of weapons of special concern against one's own nation and one's allies.
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.
- Exocet : An aging French anti-shipping missile, which can be fired from land, aircraft, helicopter, submarine and ship platforms, and which has a considerable combat record
- Biological Weapons and Toxins Convention : International agreement banning the production and use of biological weapons, recognizing that there are also legitimate medical, research, and industrial uses for organisms that have potential use in biological warfare
- Chemical Weapons Convention : Arms control treaty which prohibits the production, use and possession of chemical weapons and related assets.
- Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction : A treaty banning the manufacture, stockpiling, and use of those antipersonnel land mines of the greatest risk to civilians
- Soviet support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Soviet technical assistance and sales of military and dual-use equipment, beginning in approximately 1975, to Iraq, and continuing through the Iran-Iraq War; the Soviet Union and France were the leading military suppliers to Iraq
- U.S. support for Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War : Technological aid, intelligence, the sale of dual-use and military equipment, but no direct combat against Iran, in the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq War