Ex parte Milligan/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Ex parte Milligan, or pages that link to Ex parte Milligan or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Ex parte Milligan. Needs checking by a human.
- Copperheads : The northern faction of the Democratic Party that opposed the American Civil War in favor of an immediate peace settlement with the Confederate States of America.
- Ex parte Quirin : A 1942 Supreme Court of the United States ruling that affirmed the right to try captured enemy personnel, who operated in civilian clothing, by a Presidentially appointed secret military tribunal
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S. : Situations where the Executive Branch of the United States government has detained individuals without the authority of the judicial branch of government; there have been many cases going back to through the early history of the nation, sometimes during overt war, and, perhaps better known at present, directed against non-national threats.
- Habeas corpus : In common law, any of several types of writs requiring a person to be brought before a judge or court; esp. one designed to secure a person's release from unlawful detention.
- Supreme Court of the United States : The final federal court of appeals in the U.S., consisting of nine Justices.
- War on terror : A major policy of the George W. Bush Administration, defining global terrorism, as opposed to nation-states as in the Cold War, as the focal point of national security policy