Electric dipole/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Electric dipole, or pages that link to Electric dipole or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Electric dipole. Needs checking by a human.
- Intermolecular forces : Non-covalent forces between atoms and molecules; often synonymous with Van der Waals forces.
- Multipole expansion of electric field : an expansion in terms of powers of 1/R of an electric potential outside a charge distribution; R is the distance of a point outside to a point inside the charge distribution.
- Stark effect : The shifting and splitting of spectral lines of atoms and molecules due to the presence of an external static electric field.
- Van der Waals forces : Weak forces between (closed-shell) atoms and molecules. Attractive for long distances, repulsive for short distances. Sometimes used as synonym for the attractive London (dispersion) force (the only attractive force between noble gases).