Defense Information Systems Network/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Defense Information Systems Network, or pages that link to Defense Information Systems Network or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Defense Information Systems Network. Needs checking by a human.
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode : A technology for the transfer of fixed-length "cells" of digital information through specialized cell switches built on top of optical transmission networks; increasingly obsolescent
- FASTLANE : A family of U.S. National Security Agency approved encryption devices for Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM), Synchronous Digital Hierarchy (SDH) and Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) transmission systems
- Joint Network Node : A transportable communications routing and circuit-switching node, designed as a transition into the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical
- NIPRNET : The common user network intended to carry U.S. military "sensitive but unclassified" traffic for military personnel, government employees, military contractors, and approved allies
- SIPRNET : The shared United States Department of Defense network that carries the bulk of classified information, limited to a security classification of SECRET.
- Warfighter Information Network–Tactical : Deployed in several increments of increasing capability, this is the partially deplyed tactical communications system for the U.S. Army, which have far more bandwidth and is becoming a mobile "on the move" self-organizing network; sometimes called the "tactical internet" Through the Army Battle Command System, it interfaces to the Global Information Grid.