Dai Viet/Related Articles
< Dai Viet
- See also changes related to Dai Viet, or pages that link to Dai Viet or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Dai Viet. Needs checking by a human.
- Annam : The central region in those parts of French Indochina that eventually became South Vietnam; was the Kingdom of Dai Viet and then the Empire of Annam
- Bao Dai : Emperor of Annam (1932-1945), and head of state of French Indochina until replaced by Ngo Dinh Diem after the Geneva Accords.
- Hue : Third largest city of Vietnam, which was the capital of the classic Empire of Annam and is considered the cultural center of the country.
- IV Corps tactical zone : The southernmost regional command of the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam, including the Mekong River Delta.
- Indochinese revolution : The period, within the Wars of Vietnam, 1858-1987, between which France reasserted its colonial authority over Indochina in 1945, created a proto-state of Vietnam under a provisional government during which there was increasing insurgency, fought conventionally combat with the Viet Minh starting in 1950, and ended in 1954. The end, militarily, involved the defeat of French forces at Dien Bien Phu and. politically, with the creation of North Vietnam and South Vietnam by the Geneva accords
- Khmer : The dominant ethnicity, language, and culture of Cambodia
- Mekong Delta : A major agricultural area of southern Vietnam, requiring considerable irrigation engineering in spite of its extensive river network
- Ngo Dinh Diem : President of the Republic of Vietnam from shortly after its creation, to his overthrow and death in the Vietnam War, Buddhist crisis and military coup of 1963. He was of the Catholic minority, ascetic and autocratic, and strongly anti-Communist
- Nguyen Dynasty : The last dynasty of Vietnam, which did involve several shifts of power, but is generally traced from the overthrow of the Le Dynasty in 1789, through French colonization in 1858, to Bao Dai, who finally left Vietnam in 1954.
- Phan Quang Dan : A Vietnamese nationalist whose political career started under France, in opposition under Ngo Dinh Diem, and through the end of South Vietnam
- Provinces of Vietnam : Add brief definition or description
- Tonkin : The northernmost part of Vietnam, located on the fertile delta of the Red River.
- Viet Nam Quoc Dan Dang : One of the two nationalist parties opposing French colonial rule in Indochina, the other being its ultimate rival, the Vietnamese Communist Party. Purged from North Vietnam.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnamese Communist grand strategy : Add brief definition or description
- Vietnam : A country in Southeast Asia, neighboring China, Laos, and Cambodia, and with seacoast on the Gulf of Thailand, Gulf of Tonkin, and South China Sea. Now the unified Socialist Republic of Vietnam, under a Communist government with a market economic system, it spawned from ancient kingdoms, was a colony called French Indochina, and was partitioned into the Democratic Republic of Vietnam (North Vietnam) and Republic of Vietnam (South Vietnam) between 1954 and 1975.
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China