< BriningJump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Brining, or pages that link to Brining or to this page or whose text contains "Brining".
- Cooking [r]: The act of using heat to prepare food for eating. Cooking may also be said to occur by certain cold-preparation methods. [e]
- Corned beef [r]: Salt-cured or brined beef, usually from the brisket [e]
- Ham [r]: Add brief definition or description
- Pastrami [r]: Add brief definition or description
- Pickle [r]: A food preserved with methods that include fermentation in brine, storage in acid environments such as vinegar or citrus juice, heat cooking, and possible subsequent heat sterilization; all the methods may be used for a specific preparation [e]
- Red-stewing [r]: A technique of Chinese cuisine in which meat, and sometimes vegetables, are long-simmered in a "master sauce" of soy sauce, wine, ginger and other seasonings; it is more of a home technique since it economically tenderizes inexpensive cuts while shrinking them, and tends to be a specialty restaurant dish [e]