- Cooking : The act of using heat to prepare food for eating. Cooking may also be said to occur by certain cold-preparation methods.
- Corned beef : Salt-cured or brined beef, usually from the brisket
- Ham : Add brief definition or description
- Pastrami : Add brief definition or description
- Pickle : A food preserved with methods that include fermentation in brine, storage in acid environments such as vinegar or citrus juice, heat cooking, and possible subsequent heat sterilization; all the methods may be used for a specific preparation
- Red-stewing : A technique of Chinese cuisine in which meat, and sometimes vegetables, are long-simmered in a "master sauce" of soy sauce, wine, ginger and other seasonings; it is more of a home technique since it economically tenderizes inexpensive cuts while shrinking them, and tends to be a specialty restaurant dish