BRCA1 gene/Related Articles
- See also changes related to BRCA1 gene, or pages that link to BRCA1 gene or to this page or whose text .
- Cancer : A generic term for a large group of diseases that can affect any part of the body; one defining feature is the rapid creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their usual boundaries, and which can then invade adjoining parts of the body and spread to other organs.
- Oncology : The medical diagnosis and treatment of neoplasia, using pharmacologic, radiation, immunologic and surgical techniques; relevant formal subspecialties are medical oncology in internal medicine and radiation oncology in radiology; surgeons also may specialize in neoplasia
- Breast cancer : Cancer of the glandular breast tissue.
- Ovarian cancer : Malignant tumour of the cells in the ovaries.
- DNA repair : Add brief definition or description
- Genetics : The study of the inheritance of characteristics, genes and DNA.
- Genome : The set of all genes of an organism.
- Chromosome : A compact body of ribonucleic acid wrapped around proteins that is the unit in which genetic material is distributed during cell division.
- Gene : The functional unit of heredity.
- Genetic testing : Add brief definition or description