Breast cancer/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Breast cancer, or pages that link to Breast cancer or to this page or whose text .
- Breast : In humans, one of the paired regions in the anterior portion of the thorax. The breasts, which, in women, enlarge in puberty, consist of the mammary glands, skin, supporting muscles, adipose tissue, and connective tissues
- Cancer : A generic term for a large group of diseases that can affect any part of the body; one defining feature is the rapid creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their usual boundaries, and which can then invade adjoining parts of the body and spread to other organs.
- Obstetrics and gynecology : A medical/surgical specialty concerned with diseases of women, and with pregnancy and childbirth
- Breast adenocarcinoma : An invasive and metastatic form of breast cancer, of a class of cancers derived from epithelial cells of a type associated with glandular tissue
- Mammary Paget's disease : An intraductal carcinoma of the breast extending to involve the nipple and areola, characterized clinically by eczema-like inflammatory skin changes and histologically by infiltration of the dermis by malignant cells
- Breast carcinoma in situ : Add brief definition or description
- Ductal carcinoma : Malignant adenocarcinomas involving the ductal systems of any of a number of organs, such as the mammary glands, the pancreas, the prostate, or the lacrimal gland
- Phyllodes tumor : A sarcoma, or connective tissue tumor, arising from intralobular stroma of the breast. It is characterized by the rapid enlargement of an asymmetric firm mobile mass. Histologically, its leaf-like stromal clefts are lined by epithelial cells.
- Breast tubular carcinoma : Add brief definition or description
- Breast mucinoid carcinoma : Add brief definition or description
- Breast medullary carcinoma : Add brief definition or description
- 5-fluorouracil : A pyrimidine analog chemical used as an antineoplastic agent
- Anthracyclines : Organic compounds that have a tetrahydronaphthacenedione ring structure attached by a glycosidic linkage to the amino sugar daunosamine, primarily represented as antineoplastic agents
- Aromatase inhibitors : Drugs inhibiting estrogen steroid synthesis from testosterones; anti-cancer medication.
- Cyclophosphamide : A medication and immunosuppressive agent used to treat lymphoma and leukemia.
- Methotrexate : An inhibitor of tetrahydrofolate dehydrogenase, which prevents the formation of tetrahydrofolate, necessary for synthesis of thymidylate, an essential component of DNA; it has a wide range of medical applications.
- Tamoxifen : Add brief definition or description
- Menopause : The cessation of menstrual activity due to failure to form ovarian follicles, which normally occurs age 45–55.
- William Stewart Halsted (Radical Masectomy)