From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Sex (biology) : Add brief definition or description
- Human : Bipedal mammalian species native to most continents and sharing a common ape ancestor with chimpanzees, gorillas and orang-utans; notable for evolving language and adapting its habitat to its own needs.
- Adult : A sexually mature organism.
- Gender : Gender is most often attributed to human beings or mammals as a dynamic, complex aggregate of learned behaviors and social or cultural constructs. Gender is distinguished from physiological and reproductive sexual traits, i.e. that individuals are male or female.
- Pregnancy : The gestation period in humans, i.e. the period between the conception and the birth of a child.
- Childbirth : The process of delivering a human baby.
Sociology and politics
- Feminism : Movement seeking the emancipation of women from discriminatory gender roles and laws.
- Women's rights : Add brief definition or description
- Man : A male human, commonly thought of as an adult (in contrast to the term boy which describes a human male who hasn't reached full height and hasn't gone through puberty. In another sense, the term encompasses all people as opposed to other species such as apes. For example: Chimpanzees were the dominant primate until man (meaning: all people including men and women) took its place.
- Child : Add brief definition or description