Romansh language/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Romansh language, or pages that link to Romansh language or to this page or whose text .
- Indo-European languages : A group of several hundred languages, including the majority of languages spoken in Europe, the Plateau of Iran and the subcontinent of India, that share a considerable common vocabulary and linguistic features.
- Romance languages : Branch of the Indo-European language family, originally spoken in southern, eastern and western Europe and descended from Vulgar Latin, the language of the Ancient Romans; includes modern Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Romanian.
- Rhaeto-Romance : Romance languages subfamily; Friulian, Ladin, and Romansh spoken from the Adriatic Sea to the Alps.
- Switzerland : A country in western Europe known for its banking industry and for being a neutral country since early 19th century.
- Graubünden : Add brief definition or description
Gallo-Rhaetian language family
Languages most closely related to Romansh, arranged according to historical branches of the family.
- French language : A Romance language spoken in northwestern Europe (mainly in France, Belgium, Switzerland), in Canada and in many other countries.
- Cajun French : Add brief definition or description
- Picard language : Add brief definition or description
- Walloon language : Add brief definition or description
- Zarphatic language : Add brief definition or description
This sub-family includes Romansh.