User talk:Arne Martin Torgersen
Welcome to the Citizendium! We hope you will contribute boldly and well. Here are pointers for a quick start. You'll probably want to know how to get started as an author. Just look at CZ:Getting Started for other helpful "startup" links, and CZ:Home for the top menu of community pages. Be sure to stay abreast of events via the Citizendium-L (broadcast) mailing list (do join!) and the blog. Please also join the workgroup mailing list(s) that concern your particular interests. You can test out editing in the sandbox if you'd like. If you need help to get going, the forums is one option. That's also where we discuss policy and proposals. You can ask any constable for help, too. Me, for instance! Just put a note on their "talk" page. Again, welcome and have fun! Hayford Peirce 17:31, 16 March 2010 (UTC)
Some ideas for contributions
Hei Arne, welcome aboard CZ. Hayford has already given you some hints as to how things work here in general, and I wish to add some more practical suggestions on what possibilities you have to contribute. For a start, I just took some of the keywords from the information you supplied upon registration, and display below the current state of related CZ articles (for icon documentation, see Template:Rpl/Doc):
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Electricity : The flow or presence of electric charge; the flow of electricity is an important carrier of energy.
- Electricity market : Add brief definition or description
- Norway : A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
- Electricity market in Norway : Add brief definition or description
- Arne : Disambiguation page on the name or term Arne
- World Bank : Collective name for the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development and its affiliates: the International Finance Corporation, organized in 1950 to provide long-term project financing to developing countries; and the International Development Association, formed in 1960 to make long-term loans at low interest rates.
- Zambia : Landlocked republic in southern part of Africa. Formerly North Rhodesia until independence from U.K. in 1964.
- Norwegian language : North Germanic language spoken primarily in Norway; 4.7 million speakers.
- Store Norske Leksikon : The largest print encyclopedia issued in Bokmål, and the second largest online (after the Norwegian Wikipedia); published by Kunnskapsforlaget.
- Oslo : Capital and largest city of Norway.
Furthermore, in case you are involved in homework assignments, please consider doing so via Eduzendium articles.
Finally, you can help future newcomers by giving your feedback on the above suggestions. To do so, please leave a note on my talk page.
Looking forward to fruitful collaborative editing, --Daniel Mietchen 02:06, 10 April 2010 (UTC)