UK Environment Agency/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to UK Environment Agency, or pages that link to UK Environment Agency or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- California Environmental Protection Agency : A state cabinet-level agency within the government of California whose mission is to restore, protect and enhance the environment, to ensure public health, environmental quality and economic vitality.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Climate change : Add brief definition or description
- Environment Canada : Add brief definition or description
- European Environment Agency : An agency of the European Union (EU) established as a major source of information and data for developing, adopting, implementing and evaluating environmental policy by member European countries.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety : Add brief definition or description
- Ministry of Ecology, Sustainable Development and Territorial Development (France) : Add brief definition or description
- Ministry of Environmental Protection (China) : Add brief definition or description
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- Netherlands National Institute for Public Health and the Environment : A research institute that is an independent agency of the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport and is a recognised leading center of expertise in the fields of health, nutrition and environmental protection.
- Smog : The hazy, unhealthy polluted air which accumulates over cities and other regions under certain conditions.
- UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee : An organization, that reviews and studies atmospheric dispersion modeling, composed of representatives from UK governmental departments, agencies and research organizations as well as from non-governmental organizations and groups.
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs : The governmental department responsible for protection of the environment, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural matters in the United Kingdom (UK).
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency : An agency of the federal government of the United States of America whose mission is to protect human health and safeguard the natural environment (air, water and land) of the nation