UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee, or pages that link to UK Atmospheric Dispersion Modelling Liaison Committee or to this page or whose text .
- Earth science : The study of the components and processes of the planet Earth.
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Atmospheric science : The umbrella term for the study of the Earth's atmosphere.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Environmental engineering : A field of engineering devoted to remediation of all forms of pollution.
- Accidental release source terms : The mathematical equations that estimate the rate at which accidental releases of air pollutants into the atmosphere may occur at industrial facilities.
- ADMS atmospheric dispersion modeling system : An advanced air pollution dispersion model developed in the United Kingdom.
- Air pollutant concentrations : Methods for conversion of air pollutant concentrations.
- Air pollution dispersion modeling : Describes the basic mathematical simulation (i.e., modeling) of how buoyant air pollutants disperse in the atmosphere.
- Air pollution dispersion terminology : Describes and explains the words and technical terms that have a special meaning to workers in the field of air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Air Quality Modeling Group : A group within the U.S. EPA's Office of Air and Radiation that provides leadership and direction on the use of air quality models and air pollution dispersion models.
- Air Resources Laboratory : A group within the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration that develops climate models, air quality models and models for dispersion, transformation and removal of atmospheric pollutants.
- AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors : Description and discussion of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's publication AP 42 Compilation of Air Pollutant Emission Factors.
- Climate : The overall weather pattern for an extended period for any defined geographical location which may be over any size of area up to and including the entire Earth.
- Finnish Meteorological Institute : The government agency responsible for gathering and reporting weather data and forecasts in Finland.
- Meteorology : The interdisciplinary scientific study of the processes and phenomena of the atmosphere, including weather studies and forecasting
- Met Office : The United Kingdom's national weather service and an executive agency of the United Kingom's Ministry of Defence.
- National Environmental Research Institute of Denmark : An independent environmental research institute within the University of Aarhus in Denmark that undertakes scientific consulting work and monitoring of the environment as well as applied and strategic research.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration : A scientific agency within the United States Department of Commerce focused on the conditions of the oceans and the atmosphere.
- Norwegian Institute for Air Research : A private Norwegian research institute that is one of the leading specialized scientific institutes in Europe dealing solely with problems related to air pollution.
- Royal Dutch Meteorological Institute : The Dutch national weather forecasting service and also the national research and information centre for climate change, air pollution dispersion modeling and seismology.
- Royal Meteorological Society : The United Kingdom's professional society whose mission is to advance the understanding of weather and climate, the science and its applications, for the benefit of all.
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs : The governmental department responsible for protection of the environment, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural matters in the United Kingdom (UK).
- UK Dispersion Modelling Bureau : Add brief definition or description
- UK Environment Agency : An environmental protection agency that is a non-departmental public body of the UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and a sponsored public body of the National Assembly for Wales.