From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Tobacco. Needs checking by a human.
- Agriculture : The process of producing food, feed, fiber and other goods by the systematic raising of plants and animals.
- Arabidopsis thaliana (Thale Cress) : A small flowering plant widely used by plant biologists as a model organism for basic research. It is a dicotyledonous species and a member of the Brassicaceae or mustard family.
- Artemisia vulgaris : popularly know as Mugwort, Felon Herb, St. John's Plant, Chrysanthemum Weed, Wild Wormwood or Common Mugwort, is one of several species in the genus Artemisia with names containing mugwort; it is native to temperate Europe, Asia and northern Africa, but is also present in North America where it is an invasive weed; it is a very common plant growing on nitrogenous soils, like weedy and uncultivated areas, such as waste places and roadsides.
- Bhutan : Landlocked constitutional republic in the Himalayan Mountains.
- Epidemiology : The branch of demography that studies patterns of disease in human or animal populations.
- Evidence-based medicine : The conscientious, explicit and judicious use of current best evidence in making decisions about the care of individual patients.
- French republican calendar : Calendar instituted by the National Convention after the French Revolution, as a reform of the Gregorian calendar, that would help to divorce the new republic from its Catholic predecessor.
- George Washington : First President of the United States (1789-1797) and commander in chief of the Continental Army.
- Integrated pest management : Technique for agricultural disease and pest-control in which as many pest-control methods as possible are used in an ecologically harmonious manner to keep infestation within manageable limits.
- Lead : Chemical element number 82, a corrosion-resistant, dense, ductile heavy metal known to cause neurological problems.
- Lung cancer : Disease where epithelial tissue in the lung develop malignancy, leading to metastasis, and the invasion of adjacent tissue.
- Maharashtra : Add brief definition or description
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Migration (agriculture) : In pre-agricultural hunter-gatherer societies, the practice of following biological migration of game animals or successive maturation of wild food plants.
- Model organism : Species often used in research as models for the study of biological processes.
- Northern Rhodesia : British protectorate in south central Africa which became Zambia on independence in 1964.
- Obama administration : The policy making organization lead by President Barack Obama.
- Orchid : Any plant classified under Orchidaceae, one of the largest plant families and the largest among Monocotyledons.
- Osteoporosis : Reduction of bone mass without alteration in the composition of bone, leading to fractures.
- Palau : Independent republic in the Pacific Ocean, an archipelago consisting of more than 350 islets.
- South Carolina : A State in the South-eastern USA.
- Tony Blair : Former Labour Party politician and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom (1997-2007).
- Virginia, history : Add brief definition or description
- Virology : The study of viruses, sometimes included in the field of microbiology.