Coronary artery/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Coronary artery, or pages that link to Coronary artery or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Coronary artery. Needs checking by a human.
- Acute coronary syndrome : Set of signs and symptoms related to the heart, due to myocardial ischemia.
- American College of Physicians : American organization of doctors of internal medicine (internists), and physicians.
- Angina : The symptom of paroxysmal pain consequent to myocardial ischemia usually of distinctive character, location and radiation.
- Angioplasty : Reconstruction of an artery.
- Aspirin : Common analgesic used for treating mild to moderate pain; protective against blood clots and heart disease when administered indefinitely in low doses
- Atherosclerosis : Thickening and loss of elasticity of the walls of medium and large muscular arteries with lesions in the innermost layer.
- Carotid endarterectomy : Excision of the thickened, atheromatous tunica intima of a carotid artery.
- Clinical practice guideline : Document with the aim of guiding decisions and criteria regarding diagnosis, management, and treatment in specific areas of healthcare.
- Computed tomographic cardiac angiography : Imaging method that uses a computed tomography (CT) scanner to look at the structures and blood vessels of the heart.
- Coronary artery bypass : Surgical therapy of ischemic coronary artery disease achieved by grafting a section of saphenous vein, internal mammary artery, or other substitute between the aorta and the obstructed coronary artery distal to the obstructive lesion.
- Coronary heart disease : Disease of the heart that involves narrowing of the coronary arteries.
- Fish oil : Oils high in unsaturated fats extracted from the bodies of fish or fish parts, especially the livers.
- Folic acid : Nutrient required for a normal pregnancy.
- Homocysteine : A thiol-containing amino acid formed by a demethylation of methionine.
- Hypercholesterolemia : Presence of an abnormally large amount of cholesterol in the cells and plasma of the circulating blood.
- Myocardial infarction : A heart attack, gross necrosis of the myocardium, resulting from interruption of the blood supply to the area.
- Myocardial revascularization : Restoration of an adequate blood supply to cardiac tissue by means of a blood vessel graft, as in aortocoronary bypass.
- Odds ratio : Ratio of the relative incidence (odds) of a target disorder in an experimental group relative to the relative incidence in a control group; reflects how the risk of having a particular disorder is influenced by the treatment (odds ratio of 1 means that there is no benefit of treatment compared to the control group).
- Peripheral vascular disease : Diseases caused by the obstruction of large arteries in the arms and legs, leading to stenosis, embolism or thrombus formation, and acute or chronic ischemia.
- Preoperative care : Preparation and management of a patient prior to surgery.
- Stroke : A sudden loss of brain function due to interrupted blood supply.
- Vascular disease : Pathological processes involving any of the blood vessels in the cardiac or peripheral circulation. They include diseases of arteries; veins; and rest of the vasculature system in the body.