Acute coronary syndrome/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Acute coronary syndrome, or pages that link to Acute coronary syndrome or to this page or whose text .
- Cardiology : The subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with the cardiovascular system
- Coronary heart disease : Disease of the heart that involves narrowing of the coronary arteries.
- Angina : The symptom of paroxysmal pain consequent to myocardial ischemia usually of distinctive character, location and radiation.
- Myocardial infarction : A heart attack, gross necrosis of the myocardium, resulting from interruption of the blood supply to the area.
- Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) risk score : The Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarction (TIMI) Risk Score is a clinical prediction rule that can predict the likelihood of morbidity in patients with unstable angina or Non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI).
- Cardiac enzymes : Add brief definition or description
- Electrocardiogram : Recording of the electrical activity of the heart on a moving strip of paper.
- Troponin : Muscle proteins that the calcium-binding component in the troponin-tropomyosin B-actin-myosin complex by conferring calcium sensitivity to the cross-linked actin and myosin filaments; subtypes are highly sensitive and specific to cardiac damage
- Coronary artery bypass : Surgical therapy of ischemic coronary artery disease achieved by grafting a section of saphenous vein, internal mammary artery, or other substitute between the aorta and the obstructed coronary artery distal to the obstructive lesion.
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty : Surgical dilatation of an occluded coronary artery by means of a balloon catheter to restore myocardial blood supply.