T-54 tank/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to T-54 tank, or pages that link to T-54 tank or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/T-54 (tank). Needs checking by a human.
- An Loc : A village 65 miles north of Saigon/Ho Chi Minh City, which saw considerable combat during the Vietnam War, and, after American ground troops withdrew, was the place where the last U.S. adviser was killed in Vietnam
- Armor (vehicle protective) : A covering over vulnerable parts of a vehicle, to resist harmful effects; the protection can combine specific materials with particular geometric configurations of those materials
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- M2 Bradley (armored fighting vehicle) : A family of armored fighting vehicles, with roles including infantry fighting vehicle, scouting, forward observer, and other functions in a platform sufficiently survivable to accompany the M1 Abrams tank, although needing more protection
- T-34 (tank) : Generally considered to be the best overall tank of the Second World War, this medium tank went into production in 1940 until replaced by the T-54 in 1949
- Tank (military) : A large land combat vehicle that moves on continuous tracks rather than wheels, has its primary armament in a rotating armored turret, is armored against more than small arms fire, and, while it can be extremely effective in many combat situations, is optimized to kill other tanks
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China