From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Sputnik. Needs checking by a human.
- Astronomy : The study of objects and processes in the observable universe, e.g. stars, planets, comets or asteroids.
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- History of geography : Chronology of the development and history of geography.
- Internet : International "network of networks" that connects computers together through the Internet Protocol Suite and supports applications like Email and the World Wide Web.
- National Reconnaissance Office : An agency of the United States intelligence community, which designs, procures, launches, and operates intelligence satellites and certain aircraft/UAV platforms. It does not analyze their output.
- Progressive education : Pedagogical movement rooted in common experience, and democratic and inclusive in outlook.
- Request for Comments : A Request for Comments (RFC) is one of a series of documents about the Internet, mostly technical, but some about policy issues; some become de facto Internet standards, which set the engineering specifications for the internals of the Internet, while many others languish largely or completely ignored.
- Satellite : An object that travels in orbit around a more massive body.
- Space law : Area of the law that encompasses national and international law governing activities in outer space, developed since the first launching (1957) by humans of a satellite into space.
- Spacecraft : Vehicle designed to operate, with or without a crew, for use beyond the Earth's atmosphere.